That was my guess too. Still frustrating.
I watched a video and all the guy did was fill a galvanized steel five gallon pail with splits, cut a vent hole in the lid, and put it in a fire....
WooHoo!! Its kind of an adrenaline rush only us hoarders would understand when we discover MORE wood on a roadside score. I can relate to the...
Better than swamp azz! :D
Thank you as well. Members like you make the FHC a better place! :) Ooph! Nothing worse than being ill on your birthday. When I turned 50 in...
Friend of mine gave me this bag of lump charcoal. I've seen and used it before and know it burns faster. I have used embers of hardwood pulled...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Woodwidow
Another vote for hickory. How soon you cutting that Joe?
Same thing happens to me on both occasions! :emb:
FHC quote of the year right there. :salute: Perfect for a FHC t shirt.
Makes sense that the fire dried it out plus it hasn't rained. Pallet was dry I assume?
LOL!!!
I try not to have a lot of volume customers. They come and go and I've been trying to sell fresh cut splits in the off season rather than buy as...
Not in a stack but on a round I split yesterday. Biggest slug I've ever seen[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Yesterdays 40 bundle delivery to one of the local regulars. One other local (of three) needs more very soon and the other is getting low.[ATTACH]
Perfect gift! :thumbs: I was given this shirt as a gift a few years back. I avoid wearing it in public!:emb:[ATTACH]
:popcorn:
As previously stated, small splits, barkless and in full sun/wind will expedite the drying process. Worst case scenario is semi dry wood will...
Based on the end cut I'd say red oak of some type, plus the way the sapwood is spalting. Typical of oak.
I saw this on the local news the other day. Wasn't me. Don't own a mingo marker either.