Opening up the baffle behind the muffler outlet will help knock down on the carbon buildup in the future
Fingers cramped now? :D
Yes That’s about a 2. Any of the grits you mentioned will work
Here’s a piston from a reputable source Meteor Stihl 034 Super, 036, MS360 piston kit 48mm Other places I’ve used are Wolf Creek saw shop and...
The piston and rings should be replaced. Get a 48MM Meteor for an 036. Sand off the transfer inside the cylinder until you don’t see any black...
The cases are all like that, something to do with the casting process I’ve been told. Nothing to worry about. In the video you mentioned...
The little cup goes in the brake handle in the upper left recoil bolt location
That’s a lotta clean brakes :yes:
Sure. That and scotchbrite pads will shine the inside up nice
Same as BuckthornBonnie, we look it up in the ipl. Just a general statement. With that amount of carbon buildup, I wouldn’t want to run the same...
Same as him. I google the ipl and confirm it with the dealer. Even if the current part numbers are different, he’ll order the newer one that...
Chainsaws and mud tires will always be currency
But they’re a good saw worth rebuilding. These saws will still be being rebuilt when newer models are in the dump
Yes
Crank bearings are definitely smoked
Y’all’s a bunch of cunning linguists
That's another good thing about using grease rather than AS….in 2 years when you replace the pads the grease is all gone and the pins are just...
My experience has been the opposite. I got about twice as long out of the anti seize as I did the grease. I actually clean the grease out of new...
Did they change the formula for anti-seize in the last three or four years? I’ve used it for about 35 years because it lasts longer than grease
It’s a design all its own. Almost like Stihl wasn’t certain if the new design was going to be like a 441, with multiple layers to remove to work...