Thank you. At 3 cords a year I’d be on a 6 year plan right now. Not easy working full time, and cutting all my wood from standing tree. Ordering...
I've seen that one before. Pretty impressive what people can do. This one is cool too. [IMG]
I hope this porch has some awfully big footings and one beefy frame. Even at 40 psf for the cordwood which is not heavy wood, 12 feet of it is...
Don't these guessing games usually involves prizes???
The Dutch Elm disease is responsible for the introduction of the SE model Supersplit. SE standing for Special Edition. It had a larger engine with...
To be honest, I've never tried stacking on just runners. I do think the pallets offer better airflow to the stacks, offer better protection from...
Interested to see how high people stack their wood without issue. I find freestanding stacks seem to do best when no higher than 5'. Once over...
Yikes!!! Glad no one was hurt!!!
Lots of variables. How efficient is the woodstove? What species is the wood? How seasoned is the wood? How well is the house insulated? Do you...
2.38 cords
I do ok by eye. This stack was without a string. [IMG]
We had a pretty spectacular bonfire this weekend. I took some junk pallets I had hanging around, and stacked them about 6' high in the fire pit....
A lot of that Ash was already cut by the DPW, and it wasn't the length I normally process to (20"). Therefore I put that shorter wood (14-16") In...
Some of you will remember my original "No more playing around thread", from February of this year. Basically I bought twenty 330 gallon IBC totes...
Nice score Brad!!!
The leaves look like Elm. Try splitting a round, you’ll know if it’s Elm
I wouldn’t worry about him. He’s obviously never used a chainsaw in his life and has no clue what he’s doing. If theres one type of person I can’t...
With 180 acres I assume you are using some substantial machinery. Could a fellebuncher knock the thorns off like it does branches? If so, thats...
Sorry to hear about Giz Stinny. I'm sure shes smiling down from the heavens bone in mouth.
I have a stump vise, but I'm not a big fan of them. I think they would work best on really small saws like yours. Big saws have too long of a bar,...