You CT guys turning up your noses at Red Oak :eek: Meanwhile I can't even get a sniff of this elusive Black Locust tree....not even a whiff
48" DBH!!! Thats a biggun' Lots o' wood for you :tractor::axe::stacker:
As others noted, lots of options. Floating looks like wood flooring, tile that looks like wood planks, etc. In my old house I installed hand...
We should ship all these uglies to a deserted island, like the "Island of misfit toys" from Rudolph. All you'd hear is faint, distant singing as...
Thanks. I have seen those, pretty clever design. The only "downsides" is the wood would be more difficult to get out, and you have to lift the...
Was able to add a small amount more wood to the pile. I had a small pile of logs that I've been wanting to process. Being "smaller" diameter I...
The sawbuck is a pretty simple tool, yet it can be one of the most valuable for making firewood. I've seen many different designs. Typically,...
Coldest morning so far here this season. 46f
How much wood do you figure you’ve got from that tree so far?
You’re probably right. I remember asking my father his opinion on a 110/120v wirefeed and he said why throw your money away. It’s too small and...
There was a complete and running Makita DCS 9000 on FB Marketplace yesterday for $200. Sent the guy a message but it was sold within a few minutes.
Also use plastic wedges to ensure it goes in the right direction
My fathers 220v Millermatic will easily do 1/2”, in fact I’ve seen him weld up to 3/4”. Keep in mind you can adjust a mig with knobs for amps and...
Most people now use MIG welders which is a wide feed “gun” with a trigger. Much simpler to learn than stick welding.
He did a thread on it in the DIY forum
I had plans to make my processing area bigger involving downing 4-5 12” trees and bucking some logs, but alas it’s raining here too.
There is no junior model. The J model doesn’t stand for junior. They are all the same size physically. Not sure why J, but it’s just the...
My father has a 371, and my ex BIL has a 372. They are great saws, but BuckthornBonnie is right, in bigger wood my 7900 runs away, so does my 460,...
He probably has them in a separate area. I do the same thing. I have a ugly/short/cookie/gnarly bin. All get thrown in the same bin. I get a lot...
Glad you got it down safely!!! The right tool makes all the difference.