I think the answer is obvious......get both!!! A long one for unloading trucks and trailers, and a short one for picking rounds up to the splitter.
Lets consider the following: *Jrider gets most of his wood from tree service companies in log form. So he will be mainly just bucking. Holding a...
Deck screws should be fine. I’m sure Simpson would say no, but I’ve used them multiple times and they never failed that I can recall
If you use screws, make sure they’re designed for use with Simpson products. Regular Sheetrock screws have very little shear strength and will...
Last time I checked a 395 power head was around 17.4 lbs. So only 1 lb heavier than his current Echo that he’s used to using. The difference in...
My father and I got permission to cut from a very large subdivision. He makes log piles for us with his excavator. It’s 98 percent Red Oaks. We’ve...
Biggest tip I can give to avoid flip backs is this: Not all wood has straight cut ends. Always make sure you put the angled side of the wood into...
Cherry makes some great firewood. What’s the DBH of the trunk?
Definitely Cherry
That is heavy for an 80cc saw. That’s similar weight to a 92cc 660. A good weight for 80 cc would be 14-15 lbs. Great would be 13-14 lbs. Heavy...
I know of a few fine specimens, but alas they are another mans to enjoy. I can only admire from afar.
Usually the saws with a poor power/weight ratio are less expensive. Look at some of the top dogs in p/w. The 500i is $1,300. Granted its also...
Until then, here's a thread on my thought of how I'd build it. Several people gave me some good food for thought on the design. Wooden 3 point...
I've run my brothers 385 and i wouldn't call it porky. Maybe curvy. A porky saw would be the Husky 570. Most big saws are used for bucking where...
Yes ma'am
Means for its power output its on the heavy side. C'mon man you know what a porker is
How hard would it be to add a length marking system and a cage or platform to catch fallen splits?
Glad to hear you are liking the SS. Paul and his crew really do care about putting out a quality product. As you observed, the notion that because...
Couple questions are needing to be answered in order to better answer your questions. What size wood (diameter) do you anticipate needing to cut?...
Ill have to give that a try. Thanks!!!