True My thought is that the larger fan will be able to run slower and pull a good airflow through the pot, and then still have a lot extra to...
Do they make a similar motor for the room air blower ???
Looking forward to trying out the one with them HUUUUUUUGE WINGS That should work great, especially with the HD G A motor
Wonder Why they did not use the Cerra board or similar stuff. Iron is gawd awful heavy, does hold the heat though.
Ya gotta wonder about such over engineering. Maybe a couple 5/16 bolts, one on each side, would have done things better ????
I have the Gleason Avery 1.75 amp open frame motor. I scared one up that fits a Harman I think, same rotation and the back plate is correct. The...
Went downstairs and scoped out the fan chamber on the Spare Whit From the mounting surface to the inside wall of the housing is 1-1/2 inches....
The big issue I have to deal with is, that the shells will pile up and not burn up to light ash and blow out of the pot on a low draft fan speed....
The Whit does not use a vacuum switch on the firebox, only a pressure switch to shut things off if the vent becomes plugged. I intend to install...
uh huh $100 for a stove like the Whit (if its not crap) is a steal. Big deal is that the cabinet and sheet metal are nice condition. Everything...
I will lay a tape into my spare ADV 2 T and see what the depth is. I really like the idea of a fan with more "Bite" Running the voltage up...
Coooool My Adv 2 T has the 4-3/4 standard 12 paddle blade with the 5-3/4 back plate on the motor After checking the voltage on the thing the...
Does anyone have any input on which works better, the single or double paddle exhaust blowers. Thinking about changing the fan blade in the old...
That's a cat thing. Mine will let me know if she is cold, and I need to build a fire in another stove. She will chirp and go look in the window...
Sorry to hear of the "train wreck"
Very cool Don Thanks for sharing I bought a VOM at Harbor Freight last month as my other one was borrowed and came home DOA NEVER LOAN THINGS...
$100 for a Whit in any sort of good shape physically is a deal. The best I have ever found around here is $200 for a Whit. Part it out and make...
Some of this stuff is pretty mundane though. A friend recently asked me, "Wouldn't it just be easier to turn up the thermostat" ????? I laughed...
Anyone ever taken voltage readings on their draft fan to see what it is running at. Just currious
New day and new tasks. Time to clean the big Whit and the idea of gathering some much needed data popped into my WIDDLE BRAIN. Once the cleaning...