So.. how'd that work out for her?? :whistle: :D
:rofl: :lol: No, I'm not sure of the real origin of 73, but it (roughly) means "best wishes" in radio parlance. As to the Extra test.. I was...
That could get scarey :bug::bug::bug: BTW.. you do realize I was referring to your capital.. not mine :emptywallet::emptywallet::emptywallet:...
I hope you don't get discouraged.. sounds like you'd really enjoy the hobby 73
A lot of the rigs do digital as well.. But.. there's another sticky point.. some do DMR (Digital Mobile Radio) and others use different modes....
You should let him come out and play sometimes. ;)
See them around my stacks often I don't mind spiders n snakes I do despise crickets though.. One got into the bedroom wall some years ago.. I...
Darn it.. I'm tryin to drink here.. I got no time for educatin :cheers: So I take it your property is not amenable to a traditional septic system...
We have a "septic" system here.. not sure if I wanna know what the "mound" system is :bug::bug::bug: :faint:
One things for sure.. I've not seen any of those at my grocer's o_O
Meh.. (Edit.. Re-read the thread, unless it's been edited out, don't see that post.. but anyways..) I've had the pleasure of meeting him and his...
BTW.. I certainly don't want to scare anyone off, or dissuade them from starting the journey. BUT.. it really is a journey, filled with many...
A heartfelt thanks goes to Well Seasoned for starting this thread, and giving my grey matter something to digest. :yes: Not sure that I can thank...
Fortunately that's not a requirement any more. :thumbs: I honestly think that kept a lot of people out of the hobby. You might actually decide...
Camber this is a good review of what you may be looking for. [MEDIA]
Camber first off.. Definitely download Repeaterbook, that'll help you see what's available for VHF/UHF communication. You say your in the valley....
Wow.. lots there to unpack. I came here as a spectator to Well Seasoned. progress :emb: But.. If you want to go HF, that's not the radio for...
Too little.. Too late :confused:
Jeez.. I'm totally shocked. :eek: OK.. Not really.. I'm gonna keep containment for the foreseeable future. People are like.. "The weather's...
:popcorn: I'll just eavesdrop if ya don't mind. :whistle: