Thanks but I'm not on FB... Next year I'll be dropping a 12" DBH tree that is pretty much dead now.
We have some nights in the upper 40s coming but it's looking like burning season is still a ways off for me. Typically I would have already had my...
You were looking for faster drying species, so there you have it. :thumbs: Always nice to get something you haven't gotten before too.
Looks like it to me. Ragweed has similar flowers but the leaves are different.
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Fair enough. I follow Ryan Hall loosely which is probably comparable
What I do is cut an "X" straight through the outer shell then soak them in water overnight. The next day I'll coat a frying pan in a light film of...
Good to hear. No sob stories coming from the apple orchards either? I read that cultivated fruit trees are supposedly vulnerable.
Seems they've gotten a strong enough foothold in Connecticut that there's no use in reporting them anymore. I still have yet to see one firsthand,...
Whoever made this map could possibly have a successful side business as a fortune teller. It reeks of ambiguity, with just enough implied truth to...
Chinese chestnuts for eating: [ATTACH] They should be dry enough by thanksgiving to put in the stuffing.
It’s that time of year again. I’ve been making the rounds collecting American chestnut burs from various spots I found. Many are donated to the CT...
I’m dehydrating another batch of peppers this weekend. The bottom 3 tiers are all ghost peppers, and the top 2 are jalapeños. Last time, the...
If I was you I'd take only the dead elm that will split easier and dry faster. Of course it's hard to say no to live elm when you can back your...
That's a nice looking pin oak, and that's easily the best splitting fresh-cut elm I've ever seen! You never know, I suppose.
Bundle and save :thumbs:
Lucky score!
An entire field of native goldenrod. I’ll have to collect seeds in a few weeks to propagate some at home. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Another attempt was just made.
I’ve got 2 titanium plates screwed into both bones. Can’t beat on things for prolonged periods without paying for it for days afterwards. Bike...