Thread bump! After 3 1/2 years of disregarding all the red oak laying just over my property line, opting instead to bring home countless loads...
Great score, weather, scenery, and having your boys along to help is pretty awesome too :thumbs:
[ATTACH]
It's humbling to think of what went into making all this happen. A few short years ago I did some freelance subcontractor CNC programming work for...
[IMG]
And yet another attempt was made today. Thanks SkyNews (Australia) for covering events in America.
I live in a fairly mild climate but having plenty of wood on hand is a huge peace of mind for me. If I lived in the upper Midwest I’d probably...
Still stocking up. 7 gallons of bar oil on the shelf, plus another gallon in the milk crate I take cutting with me. That’s the most I’ve ever had...
Sycamore.
Most of it, yes. There's a few (small) rolling hills in horse farm country in the Gainesville vicinity.
Thanks.
I'm afraid I don't understand your reference...
My wife took these from our house tonight. I wish I was at home to see it [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Bummer about the rack. I’m sure it’s a good feeling to be back out there taking care of things though, especially this time of year.
I may do another chipdrop next year (specifying NO pine!) Non-knotty pine does make nice kindling
Can only burn so much pine/spruce in one season. I started with 2 holzhausens of the stuff and am down to half of one left, thankfully.
That would be a hard pass for me too. I STILL have spruce from 2020 that hasn't been burned yet. Maybe this February-March during maple season.
I like your style. Very reminiscent of several past scrounges of mine :thumbs: Nice that you had a friendly LEO encounter which has pretty much...
For firewood purposes I think they’re probably the same. I’m probably biased towards seeing white walnut because I just used some that I milled...
Any chance that’s white walnut (butternut?) Wood has the hollow pith like black walnut but the bark and grain color looks off.