Sounds like a good price. I would tell him to bring it and stack it, when the stack measures 128 cuft, pay him.
.22? Aren't they extinct? I haven't seen any for sale in over a year, literally.
Dave how many cords a year do you average? ETA: What kind of Birch do you burn?
I would be a little concerned about the enamel chipping. Don't have any first hand experience, just see it come up it threads. + I like black,...
I split the two extremes of spraying vs boiling. 1 hr soak, turning it every 15 min. Thorough rinse and dry.
Nice pics. Seems a little odd to see pics of the place I called today from half a country away.
Todd just posted a pic of a small fan under the stove pushing cold air to the back and up over the stove. That would help a lot on a FP install...
Great looking install. I wish my KS was black. Where did you get the fan?
The vinegar wash had no affect. Dead cat. WS is sending a new style stainless frame steel cat under warranty. I also ordered a 8" cat probe. After...
Thanks Todd. As best I can measure, from the top of the stone to the surface of the cat is 2 7/16 where I plan to drill. So I need a 2" probe,...
I was referring the other end of the probe, at the cat. I was thinking, between the cat and the shield would give the most accurate cat temp...
Correction:confused: Washer is the center of the cat. Green edge is the front of the cat. [ATTACH]
Todd what holds the end of your probe in place?
Heat shield romoved. Bolt marks the center of the cat. [ATTACH] Heat shield installed. [ATTACH]
I am top vented. The center of the cat measures 1" in front of the cast flue collar assembly. I see what you mean about the heat shield. I would...
Hmm....I just spoke to Ron at WS (they do offer an 8" probe). He asked his Condar vendor rep about bending/cutting thermo probes. The rep advised...
On Condar's site, 6.5" (1.5" dial) is the longest probe listed, do you think this is the one you have? I called Condar and asked about bending the...
Todd are you still using a cat probe on your KS? I'm thinking about getting one to take the guess work out.
The long legs will only allow 2 1/2" to attach the liner, not sure that's doable. I'd go for the short legs, more room and better circulation.
I left it in the frame because I dont have any gasket material. I didnt think it would hurt the cast or the gasket. I noticed the cat does rattle...