I realize that he has plenty of fire power, especially with the insulation upgrades. But he is looking for longer burn times at the same BTU...
The Princess has about the same usable firebox size as the 30? I didn't know that. In that case I would expect the same "fire power" out of them.
I don't think you're going to get more BTU's out of a 2.85 cuft Princess than a 3.2 or 3.5 cuft stove, the long burns at low heat would be great...
I've been on house fires in weather like that. The smoke lays on the ground so thick you came barely see to drive into the area, so much smoke you...
Dry wood is always better than wet, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Did you run the "little" Lopi harder than the King? Maybe thats why you had better results from the Lopi, hotter chimney gases. How do the Lopi...
How many sqft is the Defiant? Aren't there two size Defiants, an old and a new one?
Good point. If you're willing to clean the chimney as often as necessary and you need the heat that would be going up the chimney, what's the harm.
Sorry for the derail but what's your opinion of the reclaimer? I have heard a lot of bashing but very few firsthand accounts.
Good point, space heaters are 100% efficient. Most duct work is leaky.
Better to be prepared.
Hmm...probably, depending on what you consider "burn times". It would fit my definition.
I like the Sirocco 20, looks pretty good with legs. 32,000 BTU's/hr for 8 hours. 12,840 BTU's/hr for up to 20 hrs. LHV's. 29% larger than a...
Passed out or asleep?:zip: According to my wife there is some sort of difference:emb:.....splitting hairs.....
Yeah, #2 should have been in with the full disclosure.
:rofl: :lol:
I just noticed Todd isn't using a bottom heat shield on his KS. I may remove mine to see if wifey notices a hotter hearth:whistle:
Our cat definitely is......it lives outside but was a house cat before we got it. It had to have an attitude adjustment but we all get along now.
I just noticed, no bottom heat shield? Not necessary on a full masonry hearth but I installed mine to help keep firebox temps up. I may remove it...
I agree, 1500 watts is 1500 watts. Then its just a matter of pesonal preferance. I have had two of these for ten years, but they rarely get used....