My Dad leased a group of fields that had been sugar beet fields. Did a lot of work refurbishing the fields . Plowing, harrowing , fertilizing and...
Central Maine.
[ATTACH] This was this morning when I went to work. At work it was 48 below. Trying to start my garbage truck at 48 below. Company policy is to...
We run ours. Drive out to the Gulkana airport. There's a road that goes around the back side of the airport. Pull onto the back road. Open the...
Where is that guys bar wrench. You Never do something like that without taking the powerhead off the bar and chain FIRST. !!
Good for you. I really mean that ! Several years ago I went back east for my mothers funeral. My sister took me for a drive around where I grew...
We've been burning steady since late September. However , in January we overnighted in Anchorage and the wood stove was out when we got home. So...
Who won ? Currently -36°F after a high of around -20 . Cleaned about 3 gal of ash out of the stove this afternoon . Stove is closed down for...
Permafrost is quite a thing. Its by and large completely through our region and all the way to the Pole. Tom is fortunate in that Tok sits on a...
I wish there was a way to teach the art of swinging timber without doing so in person. That first tree looks like a good candidate !!!
Looks great. Be careful and give yourself plenty of time to heal up.
All the tool handles. Ahh. What I would do to have some white ash growing around here.
Looks great. One tip on wedging. Keep them together. And at the farthest point from the hinge. Plus it's easy to smack them like your playing keys...
Looks great ! One thing I always liked about those big hardwoods. They had as much wood in the limbs as they did in the butt log. Sometimes more.
Well , at least some things are the same from coast to coast. People not buying their firewood a year in advance. Then when it hits 40 below....
Sorry about that.. Fixed it.
Working on a saw at work. When production timber falling . saws don't get fixed at work. They get fixed , chains sharpened ECT. After work when...
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] My wife is wearing her Cabela's Trans Alaska Suit. I'm wearing my Canada Goose Expedition Arctic Parka and Beaver fur mushers...
Since this is the Hobbies and Intrests forum. And I couldn't figure out where else to put personal pics. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] We took the dogs for a...
Being on a cutting crew on the coast . The outfit wants every faller to put in their full day on the trigger. Total production oriented. If you...