I'm an All Alaska Hand. Worked from Portland Canal to Nuiqsut and from Franklin Crik to out past Attu Island. Been a Sailor, Tree Thinner, Riggin...
A lot of it is that the propane doesn't work very good in the cold.
In other parts of the Interior there is lots of birch . I is better firewood than poplar or spruce. We have very little birch close to where I...
Happy Birthday Sean !! [ATTACH] I would have not bought as nice a grill as this. But got it in a trade for a hundred dollars worth of my labor....
I Don't Do Hot weather !!! Its worse than 40 below. We've got the gear for the COLD. But a guy can only undress just so much.
I guess the 2 pics are a bit misleading, sorry I didn't think about that. Depending on the ashes in the stove . I can put about 4 pieces of wood...
Just 1 sled load per day if the wind isn't blowing and the temperature is 30 below and warmer. All poplar last longer than mixed with spruce. I...
The wind really does add up to a problem. It just drags the energy out of a guy. With this major cold/flu I've been going thru the past 6 days...
Aje1967; Welcome to FHC. I thot Wisconsin had got dumped on with snow.
Warmed up to 7 below . :-) Poplar and black spruce in the stove.
Beins it's been chilly here lately. I [ATTACH] [ATTACH] thot I'de take a pic of how much wood I burn in 24 hours. MS 251 with 18" bar for...
Yours looks a lot like mine ;-) Ill post a pic tomorrow. It's up to 11 below at the moment.
I'm glad it helped ! It was 26 below earlier . Now it's warmed up to 18 below. They are calling for it to warm up this week. Poplar and black...
If you didn't yet , it will help you a lot if you put a bunch of your tops under the butt log. Keep it off the ground , save your chains .AND...
I snagged 4 front skis from snow machines this past summer. My plan is to build a wood sleigh with swivel bunks. [ATTACH] This sled I used a steel...
It was -29 when I got up this morning . kinda thin overcast at the moment. We'll see what nightfall brings. Since I do a little welding for...
My wife has burned herself a couple times. She learnt how not to. I do split wood small enough for her to handle well. When the option is learn...
[ATTACH] This morning. [ATTACH] Currently. And for those that are bored with my continued use of poplar . I have a different wood burning this...
Thank you very much for posting the link. Now all I need is a tractor.
Sorry , I guess it was a Long post. .