Nice dry evening so i got the firepit going. Assorted splitter scraps and buggy wood.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Yup, my first as a kid was B&W. Funny story as I recall moving into my first apartment in 1999 and had a 13 color TV with a built in VCR...
Good deal. I like paying chain saw jobs where I can keep the wood. I prefer cash though, but a bottle is always good!
You loaded the truck so much you cant even see it! :D Impressive pile of rounds there IC. :thumbs:
Thats a biggun. Lots of firewood to be had. How big (and bad) are the thorns on it?
X2. Some good sized growth rings on that log. I've noticed suckers growing from old white ash stumps here that are s few inches in diameter...
When you cut it, split from the fresh cut end and it should split easier. Seems checked ends are harder to split from IME.
Do you think that's green ash?
Thanks. I have him and another customer who like some oak. The other guy likes a cord per year but i have none dry enough for him this upcoming...
I forgot all about it!:emb:
Load of red oak heartwood splits. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Stacked in my friends shed.[ATTACH]
The former owner had that log deck that was for the taking back in 2019 as the property was being sold. Funny you posted that as I was BSing with...
Dang that's an old thread. Yes same property, but different owners. Former owner was an excavating/concrete contractor. He has since passed.
Hit the yard this afternoon. Split the rest of the HL and loaded. I found an area to stack the it for now in the bundle wood shed. One more HL...
Id say green ash as well. Before reading Erics reply. It is stringier than white ash IME. Not sure if green has the center pith or not. Either...
Ya know if it wasn't painted red I'd think it was mine. Looks like its a Ford too. Even the wood looks like a buZZsaw load.
Curiosity got the best of this geography nerd and I see there's a TSC in Wolcott
Spose i could pick some up for you. I could check the expiration date!!! :whistle: Weird the price discrepancy being that close. The...
SPlit what BL rounds were left this afternoon and moved across the street. (fresh cut ends) Temporary stacked for now and will fill in the stack...
Ill have to check my local one out. $4.99 is CHEEEEP and so am I! :emb: I have 7 gallons on hand but could always use more. More is better...