Cant say I've noticed. Not a lot of hickories I pass, but I would more than likely see an affected tree. Could it be from the dry spell that's...
Welcome to the FHC wiguy :handshake: Its great to have you.
X2
Ive heard others on here say three or more years which I've followed. I have a half cord that I'll sell this coming season that was CSS in May 2022.
Made short work of those. How long are those rounds? I usually noodle with a 20" bar.
Is it right on schedule for your area Tom? Im done sweating and ready for cold weather. Im so much more productive when in a sweatshirt. Great...
Rows are spaced a few inches. I first stacked fresh cut bark on BL there 20-21 and it was fine for the following season. All customers were...
To me pin oak smells like cow manure.
No answer to your problem. Never had an issue with it on my 290 which I ran for roughly ten years. Very reliable saw. Hopefully someone can...
Sassafras, black birch and white oak (especially chestnut oak) my hardwood favorites. Eastern red cedar and Eastern white pine my favorite...
Split what rounds i had bucked, moved and stacked. Barkless stack before and after pics. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Six full rows plus the...
Another seller near my wood storage. Parks the tractor next to the road. I actually stopped, got out and chuckled as it was rather fresh cut...
Id say the bark represents 20%+ of the volume. I scored some bark on BL two years ago that was huge. I let it sit for a few months before I...
Well at least i know where i can get some primo barkless BL if i run out this Winter.
Yeah friends/relatives who want free wood seem to get offended when we give them nuglies.:picard: They just dont understand! :tree: Ms buZZsaw's...
You might be onto something?! :makeitrain"
You do some nice stacking yourself my friend. Well at least you used to. Lucky you don't have to anymore.
Just a guess on my part. Years back i recall seeing bluejays that were molting. Their head feathers and tuft were missing and had just started...
Anything of the machine in action. I enjoyed watching the one where I cut part time last February. Older machine but same principal.
Restacked the heartwood splits at BL location yesterday (forgot to take pics). Hit the yard this afternoon. A larger silver maple log and short...