Post pics. Really sounds like overkill unless you plan on heating a factory. ..hey overkill don't we have a guy by that name wunder if he has one...
1st year burning stove got away from me once. Super dry load of oak went nuclear as I was busy in the other room. Could hear what sounded like a...
2 stories. #1 apartment building in Harvey ND went up in flames today. People got out with just clothes on their backs. It is 45 min NW of me and...
Pics of progress and the cobalt killer holes.[ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
I am so sick of this -º BS. Last night was -18º again but by 4pm it was back up to +6º...so had to go play on the knife some more. Shaped the...
Out here I can't use ash on my garden because of our alkaline soil. Have any of you had issues frying your ground by over applications of ash?...
Last time I cleaned the cat I didn't get the lid shut quick enough after the flush started. I had the soap in the bowl already so he did get some...
Just watched the bow drill vid...you got me intedested in that too now. Sure it is tougher that it looked but practice probably made it like...
Those of you that have done this....what did you make your striker out of an old file-spring steel-any random old steel-old circular saw blade?...
Was asked today if this summer I might help at a scout camp out. I thought this may be a chance to show a primitive fire making skill. Have any of...
Had a couple minutes so I started roughing out a shape. Still needs lots more done but the -18º in an unheated garage is not conducive to...
Thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe I may need to look into this so mama bear can make kindling instead of trying to smoke start 1/4 rounds...
Flipping through channels I saw on a survival show a guy doing what would get you stabbed if it were mine. To make kindling they were using a...
It should spin around. Had to tape pennies on one once to balance it because it had a flight pattern like a drunk humming bird. Thought it was...
We are on a yoyo ride here. -20 one day 20 the next and they are predicting -20 in a day or two but by friday back to 20s. Wish we would just have...
I am looking at either the "Ironbark" or "Copperfield" oilskin jackets. Have any of you had experienced one or the other?
I need a new winter coat. I stumbled across oilskin jackets and am intrigued. Have never felt wore or seen one. Anyone out there have any...
Do you do your own leather work also?
Dang that's nice! Just so I'm picturing right...valve as in opens to let fuel into cylinder opens to let exhaust out? I hope my experiment turns...
Just doing sum scriblin tryin to set my mind on what I want.[ATTACH]