Scenario: 20 acres of loblolly pines planted several years ago. They average 20' - 25' height, maybe 4"-5" DBH. In five to seven years, they'd...
I have this 3 saw combo. Stihl ms200 rear handle Husky 346xp ported Stihl ms362 ported What for a fourth, lol?
I didn't see the 'widowmaker' up in the top. So, with a widowmaker in a tree or a tree that is just pretty rotten but has limbs (and they could...
Glad there was a 'reason.' I thought it was cut for no reason, which would be a shame, I hate to see big trees go. The pic you posted did not look...
Curious, why was the tree felled?
Is 'woods porting' the same as 'porting?' What does the word 'woods' mean there? I know, generally, what porting is, but does anyone care to...
.325" or 3/8"... if it is as many say, that many homeowner/hobby people run a bar and chain too big for their saw... what about the chain itself....
Tonight, I am on an Echo kick, lol. Been gravitating towards a 50cc saw as the big dog. Just picked up an almost new Homelight I can use for...
I took the Homelite out today and cut a 12" oak down that I think has seen its better days. The saw ran great, but talk about stink! Wow, that...
This saw was bought new 6 months ago and (supposedly) used once to cut one tree. It does look pretty new. How much do you think I could sell it...
Good idea, I see that there is some 2-cycle oil in the plastic case that came with it.
I guess this 3816c is 38 cc engine? Has 16" chain. I got this as part of a package deal, a utility trailer and several tools. I have been...
I edited my OP to reflect more why I am considering this. A lighter saw might be more enjoyable to operate for most stuff, plus, I have had...
Considering getting a second saw lighter than my Stihl ms290 with 20" bar. How much does a ms170 cost? Will it cut ok or need muffler mod or what?...