You guys are right about leaving it on the ground. That is what happened, I didn't take some of it out of the woods, other I stacked. The stuff on...
Thanks for the info. Around here, it seems it dries uber quickly. Which means, turns to rot pretty darn fast. Based on what I have seen on my own...
I don't have any ash, have never burned it but I thought it was supposed to be terrific firewood. Is that right? If so, your comment about maple...
I have boatloads of red maple on my woodlot. Then I keep finding red maple lying here and there around the countryside for scrounging. It's...
Holy cow, here is one that is 37 inches! Probably could just cut the top off. I think I will buy one. I wonder how wide my ATV is, lol! If it...
That's an interesting idea. The Northern Tool crate pictured above... FWIW, the crate I mentioned in the OP is slightly larger, 23 x 15 x 12.5....
You ever seen an Echo 2511t?
Fishingpol, you might win the prize so far, that sure might work, I like it! It's about the same size as the collapsible crate I am using. It...
DIY'ers are industrious. When I was a kid, guitar pics were hard to come by in my small town. I guess it beat nothing but if I had nothing, I...
I think plywood would be too heavy. Heavier than I'd like anyway. The lighter, the better. If it's wood, frame style, boards used instead of solid...
I have been using a collapsible plastic crate on my ATV to carry woodcutting gear. I just use bungee cords to tie it on to the rack. I looked into...
That's hilarious! And my can/spout looks just about like that except my spout broke in the ribbed section.
Squirrels eat just about anything plastic at my place but they have not eaten my fuel cans, knock on wood. The squirrels sure are expensive. My...
Hmmm, interesting. Did it make your yard smell like diesel? Or when you burn it, you smell diesel?
Lost cap to end of fuel spout on plastic gas can. I have bought after market spouts before but I don't want to for this plastic container cuz...
I like to try different wood. I've got several now that I need to consolidate and put into a stack. I can think of... apple, dogwood, mulberry,...
Ash grows so incredibly round! Very nice wood there!
Say, the 'rack' you made for your Polaris, how'd you do that? Are those large dowels or what is that? I guess your bed is such that you could...
Regarding your emboldened and underlined part above, I wouldn't be looking up to note when the tree starts to lean to fall, I am talking about the...
Trees die! It doesn't have to be a drought, they just die for various reasons! I've got quite a few dead ones on my woodlot. If they have leaves,...