We slaughtered some old roosters (first time ever doing that) and made a lovely chicken soup. Wife made awesome gazpacho from garden veggies....
I scratched the soil with the tooth bar on my FEL, broadcast the seeds, then hand raked to cover. Some of it could have been and inch or two...
Wife and I have been tossing around the idea of making this area into ~2 acre pasture for sheep and/or goats to graze. It was badly "high-graded"...
The stuff I planted earlier this year was supposed to be a mix of rye, clover and brasicas. Only the rye ever really sprouted. It was doing very...
I took a vacation day from work and did some maintenance on the food plot. It was doing really well until last week when it just got heavily...
I love watching great swim racing. Team USA crushed it in the pool. I'll remember Phelps making history for the rest of my life. Of course I...
Nice. Doesn't look like many knots in birch. That can be a problem sometimes. Black birch makes excellent lumber, pretty similar to sugar...
Yes and no. It's clearly not my daily driver, but when I drive it I put it to work, towing, hauling, etc.
More great news. Transmission fluid leaking up front. Hope it's just a line, not the whole transmission cooler. Oh well.
Want!
Definitely debated just getting it towed (about 1.5 miles) to the tire store and deal with putting 4 new ones on tomorrow AM. They are pretty...
My dad used to say "it's only flat on the bottom" but this one was pretty much flat on top too.
No idea. Probably ran over something. They are the original tires but only have 20K miles on them. I had been thinking about replacing them...
[IMG] I had never used the spare tire since I bought the truck 8 years ago, so it was a pain in the butt to get it out from under the bed....
You will need a way to attach the puller to a tree/truck/tractor etc. for an anchor I recommend a tree. Also, you will need 1/2" three-strand...
After 5-6 years of having chickens for eggs only (wife is vegetarian so not a lot of demand for meat) we've gotten to where we need to slaughter...
Welcome aboard mate!
Yep. Wood will equillibrate at around 12-15% MC and if it's kept dry and out of the sun, it will last forever.
Great progress!