Update: A little quality time with stones and strop = BINGO! I've got the grinds all smoothed out and the edges polished razor-sharp. For a...
Since the wife has decided that we are going to start raising sheep... of course, I had to buy us a "stockman" style, user knife. I chose the...
That's what my local Dolmar/Makita dealer told me this summer when I was shopping for a 421. I'm certainly no expert.
Red plastic is being phased out for blue...
Sorry for the derail, but... Shawn, can you remind me how you spaced the verticals for your sawbuck? You had a slick system with the middle one...
Everyone says this. I have lots of tulip poplars in my woods. BUT, I never see morels. Then again, I've never ever been able to find them in...
The cross reference with T.P. was definitely intentional. Glad you picked it up.
I've got plenty of T.P. C/S/S now, so lately I've been trying to save the bigger, clearer logs for milling into lumber. It's been working out...
Love the T.P. Grows fast, cuts easy, dries fast, but burns fast. Great wood for me, since I have gobs of it and I needed fast drying wood to get...
Only way I will be there is if I punch my buck tag before then. Odds of that... 0.00001%. Not zero. Darn, sounds like a good time.
I left all the stumping for the end of the job. Now I have several chains that need some serious filing. Ugh!
Wife and I busted hump all weekend and got the pasture/paddock completely cleared and ready for planting. Looking at getting sheep in early...
Hah! Forcast for high in the mid 80's for the forseable future here. Ugh!
Patience and consistency. My wife is usually great with the dogs, but we did have to work with a local trainer for a couple of them. She was...
Great choice. I have the smaller #5 and it works great for grinding about 50 lbs of venison each year.
I've got a gooder amount of beech for the wood pile since I've been clearing for pasture. I know it's good BTU's. If I C/S/S it this fall, will...
Very jealous! I could really use a logging winch and a root grapple lately. Not in the budget this year. Definitely on the short list for the...
We put in another 6 hours today clearing out the pasture space. Just a couple more trees to take down, then cleaning up the firewood vs. brush...
Great job! Thanks for sharing the "first fire" picts.
Love this picture... That dog knows what it wants and knows how to ask for it.