All day today it was cold and rainy, so the sheep finally decided that the lovely barn I built them was pretty good. Icelandic a very "feral"...
I too really like TireRack.com They have always steered me right and their prices are very good. I would say don't get too hung up on any...
It could possibly (unlikely) be a wood/dog tick nymph, Demacentor variablis, but I wouldn't bet on it. It sounds like it is too small even for a...
That's exactly why we got chickens. They work great!!!! However, the dogs get at least 2 walks everyday out in the woods beyond where the...
Same here. Dogs and cat bring in ticks all the time, almost always dead. Less than once/year will I actually find one attached to me. As I...
If it's that small, probably a nymph. You'll both be fine. You need to do your "full body skin checks" more often:whistle: We've had a massive...
Ixodes scapularis, female, probably adult a.k.a. black legged tick, deer tick, bear tick, etc. It's the one most commonly associated with Lyme...
Thanks!
Milking by hand. We don't have enough room to have more than a half-dozen milking ewes at any time. BTW, I've never milked anything before, so I...
O.K. here's a better picture of the f the first set of ewes, both were sheared last week. Poppy (3 y.o) is the bigger and more silvered girl in...
In the end, I don't think there is an official definition of "seasoned" firewood for the purposes of commerce. So, I think it is up to the vendor...
We got a triple-threat breed, for meat, wool and milking. Once we get up and running, we should have plenty of meay and wool left over to sell...
We visited two breeders in PA today and picked up two ewes from one farm and got a look at several ewe lambs at another. We will be picking up...
Still haven't tagged a buck. I'll be installing the roof an siding on this little barn today. Picking up the first 3-4 sheep tomorrow......
Would any of you believe that for my "real" career I'm a Pathologist who runs a lab diagnosing and evaluating blood, bone marrow and lymph node...
Cool! Icelandic wool is pretty awesome, and it comes in MANY different colors. For those who respect this, I'm sure they are willing to pay a...
Thanks man. We don't have any "human" kids, so that liberates a lot of time and money to pursue other adventures. I often say that I would not...
I love lamb meat, but wife doesn't like the taste of red meat. She eats seafood and a little bit of poultry, so we don't have alot of demand for...
very cool
Actually, we are planning to pick up 3-4 this Sunday and 2 more next Sunday. That's why I've been cranking so hard to get things ready. Pretty...