Welcome to the site. Nice to see another NY er also. Enjoy:dex:
Tonight I will post a pic or two. Good call:dex:
Love beech! Well done sir:dex:
Well done and congrats on the new place. Nice to see some big splits in the stacks:dex:
New splitter is like a new girl in your life (or guy for the chicks), you break it in hard:dex:
nice wheeler. Should pull anything you need it to:dex:
got the roof finished on the new wood lean to. First 1.5 rows at 35 feet and 7 ft tall are in. Planning on getting the gator out first,thing in...
very nice. Large table area is perfect. How many cord have you put threw it?
Free oak. Score:dex:
Sweet. Jealous!!! :dex:
I plan to stack the remaining 6-8 cords of splits in the wood shed. I then plan to start cutting up the balance of 17-18-19 logs that I have...
This spreadsheet will show you how many BTU's you burn, using individual species as the input. It then shows equivalent amount of oil or propane,...
I just use the winter blend from stihl, or set the regular by the wood stove the night prior. I have also seen people utilize used motor oil in...
I think this will be posted sometime today.
This wood is also very small, so sustaining any fire for more than 30-60 minutes will be tough. I saw these last night, and for the occasional...
I guess if the logger was after lumber grade trees, there could be that many cords. I cleaned up a 50 acre parcel years ago and they left entire...
By time you get done moving and stacking, most of the chips will fall off. Safety first, but if you don't mind working in the rain I say enjoy:dex:
Good deal, how will it work in the midst of the winter? Off the counter stuff is like sludge:dex:
Amen brother :dex:
If someone has the time and ambition, covering the wood on a rainy day, and removing the cover on a dry day seems ideal. Regardless of...