What kind of saw is it? Just curious. Also, do you cut at massively different elevations? I never touch the adjustments unless it is new out of...
Dogs make the best splitting partners. They may not pick much up, but they are happy and never tell you what to do :dex:
Sweet. is it cold there already? Been 70 here the last few days. Missing the fire efforts already.
I have not seen a winter with this yet, but I plan to enclose two of the sides entirely, pulling from the far end in the picture. What little...
For many years I have been a pallet guy. The drawback is they rot, freeze into the ice, and the big one the snow and ice accumulate heavily on...
Gotta love locust. Gets a little sparky at times, but burns so nice. Nice find:dex:
I like the idea of the retractable tongue. I have to unbolt mine. Nice splitter sir:dex:
Nice pictures. Also, congrats on being so organized. I have rounds all over, some 6 footers poking out, and it looks like one giant mess. Well...
I had a 4 way wedge made for this, which I sold with the unit. As long as I was not trying to split a knotty piece, it saved a lot of time....
Backwoods, good point about racing. My comments were more to compare cycle times etc. Lets face it, it is enjoyable and rushing in an unsafe...
I opted for the larger engine, longer stroke cylinder,, hydraulic lift, removable trays/pans etc. I burn big wood, so a 4 or 6 way wedge is not...
I bought the same unit about 10 years ago and paid about that much for it. Lets just say I got a great deal at home depot. Just take a look at...
I spent over $5,000 on my American splitter, but it does have a log lift and table grates etc. it would be cool to see a kinetic and a hydraulic...
I wonder if PETA will come after you:hair:
Is water hickory a hardwood? Never cut one. Nice score:dex:
Looks like someone enjoys noodling :dex:
Great idea sir. :dex:
wow, that is a score of all scores for the price you got on the conveyor:dex:
Sometimes I walk around the back yard and hope certain trees come down via mother nature. I certainly can drop them on my own, but my wife and...
Don't need the firewood? Are you sure you are on the right site? The more wood the better :dex::axe::axe::axe::saw::saw: