I believe, in the 30's, many animals were well hunted. The solution seems to be more along the lines of raising and storing rather than spending...
My present job has become untenable. Last week there was a schedule change that put me on 2 long and late nights. I knew then that my days were...
Interesting read to be sure. I too wonder of the changes over the lifespan of this thread. We 'assessed' the issues that could cause disaster...
Both. I watched a fellow turn a bowl on a huge lathe years ago....had burls all over his shop, and some neat bowls, pitchers, plates. Sold them...
Still glad we've learned here to get a little off the grid, less $$ to the oil/gas people is good. Even if prices were low. Sca
And more pics of the process!! Sca
Ours retired a few years back. The new one, has replaced everything he did, as they fell out or needed more work. I dont miss him at all, and...
We got gas piped here providing we install a gas furnace, which we did. We installed the wood stove a few months after the furnace (when the...
Any way to prop that tree up...off the rv? I hope you do get all the wood though!! Sca
When I'm alone here for a week at a time, I get a LOT done. But I am greatful for living things around me....birds outside, a very loving dog....
Awaiting snow here with baited breath..... Till then, fire to take the chill off. Making breakfast for my mentor who should be here shortly, and...
Fond memories of catching a bucket of crappies, calico's, pumpkin seeds, and yellow perch. It took a dozen, but frozen and used later in a fish...
Yard hack I learned last fall: mow the leaves in. Might take driving over the area a time or two with the mower. But they'll about dissappear,...
Yup....I get to keep it! Sca
He could. But I think the effort isn't worth it. That and he wants to play with his new excavator where the wood is stacked. I suspect he...
Good morning. Mike best w appointments. Sounds hectic. Good night. Sca
It was 55°F here all day, starting in with oak and maple. Got a bed of coals going and just adding 1 or 2 logs to keep things going. DW was...
Hot chocolate......
With bringing it back in mind, I offered to restack it in a better spot now. But, he's not so interested in having a wood burner. Its a lot of...
Denis and Mark, read of your happenings over these last two weeks. My heart goes out to both of ya. One thing that might be worth while, perhaps...