Well you know I'm in......I'll try like mad to have my forge running for this one. That's the only hint I'll give..... ;)
It makes great tool and shovel handles!!
Chainsaws and ladders don't mix.....it's like gambling at a casino. The odds are usually on the house. Anytime you're relying on something...
I was referring to the clumps of it growing in clusters all over his woods, I'm pretty sure that stuff was blue beech, but I could be mistaken......
Yes sir, I had to make a temporary tail stock base out of white oak I had laying around because the piece was a foot longer than my lathe could...
Dammit, I was just near there last week!! Wish I'd known about it then!
That's the key..... Hophorn grows here too, I used a piece of a trunk to make the handle for my cant hook. That piece was around 5" diameter and...
American hornbeam, I know it better as blue beech. Never gets real big here, but I saw some bigger examples when at Backwoods Savage 's GTG's, he...
Yes they have their own borer.......I only ever see it in the dead trees though.
Wow, thank God he's OK.... Prayers for a speedy recovery, definitely count yours (and his) blessings. And good on you for forgiving the other...
Love this great couple! Congratulations, may the Good Lord Bless you both with many more! Looking forward to meeting up again with yinz!...
I can't quit laughing at this, I've seen it several times on the interwebz the past several days........
I've probably got around 6-8 full cord of locust in my stacks, it's one of the bestest woods there is forheat and cosls!! Nice score, Brad! I...
He's been busy, they moved to another home and he's been busting butt to get that where he wants it to be. He'll be back eventually....
Grilled hams??
Green red oak, fresh split. Yeah, she was a tad hefty that day.....lmao....
Run what ya brung! I'd be lost without my old 3/4 ton GMC, I'll tell ya that. She's beat up a little, but still gets it done.... [ATTACH]
Looking good, Dennis! I have a 1/2 cord of smaller red maple/elm rounds from a few deads we removed the last few weeks stacked in the garage,...
We were at Mt. Washington, NH last Saturday and it was covered with snow.....I'm looking forward to it here in PA..... [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Dang....