Working in the heat is no joke. I think we all need to read the signs better and do what we can to take care of ourselves especially in the heat....
There’s a lot of wood still there
If you’re happy with it, I’d say you did just fine
Only cut for a few hours today but I’m making progress on the existing logs. I’d like to think these will all be cut up by the end of the week.
I hoard both!
Tuesday was the last day of school. Today was the first day “down the shore” as we call it in south Jersey. First two pics were taken before the...
Wow I can’t imagine that hot and dry at the same time. Conditions for this fire were 70’s with humidity around 30% which is dry for us. We had...
The pine barrens of south Jersey are fire prone and fire adaptive. Native Americans used to practice controlled burns to help manage them. It’s...
What is nifc? Fire started early afternoon on Sunday and still going.
Our winds are pretty predictable around here especially this time of year.
The very last step of the whole process....cleaning my owb.
No doubt it is a lot of work. We don't tend to a whole herd and its not year round for us. We get 2 once the grass starts to grow in April and...
I only say that because the direction the winds are blowing and they are forecasted to remain the same. My family has been in this house 42 years...
Nah. Nothing to worry about
Sounds like you need to learn how to butcher your own and save even more. Not much to it really
A full beer fridge is a happy beer fridge
Living in the pine barrens of NJ means fires through the years. We are currently experiencing our biggest wild fire in at least 15 years. Over...
It’s very unusual. I have only had 1 delivery in the last 2 months but it comes and goes. I’ve had days with 5-6 trucks dropping off. I’m enjoying...
The beginning of a new oak pile and what’s left for logs
Seems about right