I haven't lit my stove yet. We did have a fire in the fireplace at my parents house over the weekend. [IMG]
The two large pallets I just made into firewood boxes have 2” thick Oak runners. Definitely notice the difference. My father is just finishing up...
A Black Locust locator
The tree was about 100 yards from the splitter area [IMG] I love Cherry. The color, the smell, the burning of it, tends to have very few...
Cut and split some Cherry this morning. This was a large branch from a tree I thought was dead, Now I'm not sure. There are a few leaves up top,...
Pretty impressed that you stack your loads. I’m sure it’s to maximize the truck, but not many firewood guys do that. Do you ever have customers...
Brad what is the yellow rod thing in the bed of your truck? A long bungee cord?
I’ll hand it to you, hand splitting them bigguns is a lot of work. Your neighbor better pray you don’t get ahold of him. Those little guys with...
Looks good
Do you prefer grabbing the big butts or small butts?
I do have a rolling magnet, but typically I don’t care. The bottom of the fire pit is dug about 12”-15” below grade, so the nails can’t really go...
Lookin’ good
Definitely Maple. Red and Norway can both have shaggy bark like that. Hard to say which it is.
Great score!!! I can get 43x43 in that style for $10/pallet. I should grab some
I can always use 1x and 2x lumber. I need to make sides for a trailer and some beefy stuff for my 3 point sawbuck. PM me and we can probably...
Wouldn’t hurt to keep the loam from clogging things
Yes I remove the bladders. If you were nearby I’d give you a few. I’ve been thinking of ways to use them. I like your idea. Maybe drill a few...
Decided to try something different yesterday. Had some dead standing Red Maple I took down, which was hollow inside. Propped it up a few inches...
Put an ad on CL or FB Marketplace. It could be old metal with a few nail or screw holes. One piece is probably only worth a dollar in scrap value....
For anyone curious the white banding holding the tops of the sides from bowing out is “Muletape” made by Neptco. A lot of utility companies use it...