Ahhhh Beech......another wood I have zero of on my property. I shall score some though!!!
I’ve never tried Locust. I did also score some sweet Ash a couple months back, about 1.25 cords. Guess the logical thing to do is try em’ all
On the way home about 3 miles from my house I spotted this little guy laying on the side of the road all alone. I thought what in the world. Who...
A few days ago Joe pm'd me that there was Locust on CL for free in Western MA. Upon researching it, the town was an hours drive from me. I told...
Persimmon?
Sadly, no hidden surprises here.
Everyone's situation is different. I like my woodshed, but I'm trying to transition to my other two years being IBC totes. Less handling of the...
He makes a good point. Everyone recommends getting on the three year plan, and understandably so. For a low volume burner its easy to do so, and a...
Sorry for your loss. The good news is that now you can make an even bigger hausen.
As a general "guideline", I'd say... 50cc saws do best with 16"-20" bars 60 cc saws do best with 18"-24" bars 70 cc saws do best with 20"-28"...
Aw man, I'm really sorry to hear that. Dogs really are mans best friend.
Realistically, it would run a 28” bar. I would only do it for very rare occasions. A 2 foot bar is max id want to go on a 60cc class saw. If you...
Nice score. That’ll provide some good BTU’s!!!
Cherry is great.
He can if he steps on your toes
You can bet your Ash they're gonna get you!!!
They say not to transport it more than 50 miles. I think it could affect your trees. Its already at your house though, so not much you can do now....
95% of my wood comes from standing trees I harvest, or deadfall I harvest. I have never once bought firewood, log length, or had wood dropped...
I am up for a NE GTG though if someone else needs a hand!
I just wanted to come back full circle on this thread. Shortly after starting this thread, I decided screw this. I'm sick of it. I bought the...