I use a stainless steel salad/mixing bowl or a giant stainless dog dish and an ash shovel. Like you, I put it on the lip so the fines get pulled...
If you need to get new credit, as in for the purchase of a house or car, it would be in your best interest to at least monitor your own credit to...
Give the charcoal a try and see what happens.. If pine is already low BTU wood anyway, would that also yield low BTU charcoal? I don't know the...
Pics?
IIRC, they stopped selling those saws in the US for a spell shortly after they first became available due to some problems that needed to be...
It will be interesting to see if more people follow your path. A hundred years ago, New England had a lot fewer forests. As transportation...
If you can raise the stove without touching the stovepipe, why would they have a reason to inspect anything other than the stove? Stove pipe...
Looks like the chainsaw to the face further unlocked the creative problem solving innovative design side of your brain. ;) That thing is...
Why don't you just raise the stove up 3 inches? Bricks under the legs as a temp fix until you can raise the hearth three inches overall. Seems...
I use a damper similar to the one you received. I wouldn't necessarily call it a damped fire. The damper just gives me more control. Instead...
The only reason to do something like that would be to install it when you are not using the stove at all and want to prevent convective heat loss...
I think the hottest part of the stove will vary with the burn. Heat is transferred through convection, conduction and radiation. When you have...
Sounds like you need to fire your marketing manager.....:(
Interesting that you built it to follow the contour of the land. My OCD wouldn't let me do that without leveling the ground first. But...
here's another one. Why losing Maine’s biomass electric industry would cost more than just jobs | Professional Logging Contractors of Maine
Unfortunately the price would have to be higher than that to justify the risk due to electricity prices in Maine. Increase in Maine electricity...
Thanks for posting savemoney. Would be good if more people used wood/pellet heat as that would better support the local economy up there.
I don't think the line is so fine if you have a pipe damper. It gives you a little more flexibility in the burn without wasting heat. Curious...
I get better performance out of my Buckstove 81 with the inline damper on top of the stove. It just gives me much more control of the air going...
One thing that I found with the tin roofing is that in sustained higher winds, the edges and corners want to flap up and down a bit. As they do,...