If your thinking of hauling any of the honey piles take a look at the pasture for noxious weeds beforehand. You don't want some of those stubborn...
Never ending supply of wood heat outside your door is a nice feeling isn't it? If you're winching a bunch of wood look into a snatch block/pulley...
Good luck on opening day. I've been having the subtle itch to split and stack after an hour or two in the 90's I lose motivation, some overcast...
I thought when you posted cow pasture it may have been from the cows themselves - they are quite adept at rubbing and girdling trees.
cool looking burl shawn. You know the firewood burns the same whether the ends are cut perfectly square or not:D
Is it all ash? lots of dead deciduous trees for one hillside. Looks like nice place to cut even with the hills. I have neighbor that killed a...
Unless you are stuck in California where you're stuck with one I wouldn't waste the money. Change your oil and use the gas shutoff/run it out of...
I thought it looked like hickory (bark wise) but there is no color in the wood White Ash possibly - if its all the same kind of wood. It's...
Shawn just caught your saw lineup sig - what happed to the big Husky? I guess your a Stihl man with sentimental ties to the echo:rofl: :lol:
I was kind of amazed how neatly the whole pile fell myself - sat on the stoop and :drunk:
Bark looks a lot like hickory, but most of your splits look too clean and no color variation. It's probably white ash someone that cuts more of it...
You can always accumulate a bunch of wood and then rent a splitter knock it all out at once.
nice early fall evening by the firepit, man I wish it wasn't drizzling here:mad:
dusky you could be walking around the corner with you camera hear a woosh and arrive at this [ATTACH]
Good to see you're back:yes: Condolences for you father
The coating is made from finely pulverized clay - thus doesn't burn very well. plain old newspaper sometimes you can find a route runner to hook...
as will canola and Mayo
Likely to have termites foraging in them if dead and leaned up that long, but get any salvageable wood you can, stack it off the ground and as the...
these are handy too:D [ATTACH]
some folks make their own firestarters with old candles and wood bits from the chainsaw. If you live around woods there will be no shortage of...