I have a question. Is there no insulation in the exterior wall behind the "fireplace"?
Golly gee, no. I use profanity all the time. Heck, even in this gosh darn post. Lord, I apologize. :D
I do that with Oak. Love the smell. Others will think I'm weird/crazy, and not just because of that. :loco: :crazy::whistle: These guys were down...
Yep, we know. Good on ya' for noticing.
Our first couple years here and burning, almost everything we burned was Oak. First tree I ever felled was a Red Maple, so I processed that, then...
C'mon man, tell us how you really feel. :rofl: :lol: Haven't cut much yet, but not my experience. Had no issue in this regard. The tree service...
Oak will do that sometimes, but not that much. [MEDIA]
Not pizzed at all. All else being equal in SS, no, I would burn Pine or Poplar. Neither is considered "premium". To everything, there is a...
No pics, please. :rofl: :lol:
I burn stuff that's not considered "premium" all the time. It's done for a very specific reason. To me, burning "premium" wood in SS doesn't make...
Looks like a very clean fit at the wall.
Nice job. Plan to do a backsplash?
Currently 21 OAT, and 69 IAT. Reloading after the first :coffee:.
16 tonight, 18 right now. T-stat is showing 75 with a nice fire in the stove. Going to bed.
I started burning in 2006 and I'm still learning. The paranoia has diminished.
Have they been tested in snow? Any other inclement weather? As to the question......no, not me.
Ceiling support box holds the pipe (you secure it to framing), and the shield keeps combustibles away from the pipe (such as insulation).
I originally had visions of a bucket of water being thrown into the stove. :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
Learning curves can be a real PITA.
Added octane reduces the chance of pre-ignition/detonation. I only recently bought 89 octane gas for the saw, then I add Stabil. Too hard to find...