I think it needs some air flow. What happens if you take a shower with the heat on and the fan not on? It is going to steam up in the bathroom and...
Okay, so he was saying to file the top and side back so that it is even with where the gullet material was removed?
Take a square file to the gullet?
I will clean the rest then. It is still a factory grind.
Did you figure out which engine it has? I am painting a frame, putting a new bottom in the bed and building racks for a 79 F-350 now.
I cleaned this gullet out. I had to file it on a 35* angle. The file would not go in there on a 40*, it will though as the chain is sharpened...
$425
$290
I have not put any on my saws yet but I use this on the plastic of my vehicles. It is like SPF40. http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html I...
I didn't see anything in mine. I'll have to run be the dealer sometime and order the valve.
I really like my 170. A muffler mod and ignition timing advance really wake them up.
If I'm cutting something small I'll grab smaller saw with a shorter bar. The 034 super is a good all around firewood saw. When I get in something...
A 8 pin might work with a shorter bar but I have a 25'' bar on mine. I don't think it would have the power to turn a 8 pin with a 25'' bar. The...
I'll do one and post a picture and let you guys look at it so you can tell me how it looks.
I'll do that.
Thanks. What angle should I file the gullet, 90*? I think I read it is okay to use a round file in that area. I did some timed cuts the other day...
Here is the vent setup on the 034 [IMG]
Should I get rid of this material? Is that called a side a beak? [IMG]
Thanks for the picture. The vent on my 034 and 024 are like what Mastermech describes. I was going to get a picture of one of them but I forgot...
Yes he is a good guy. I'm gonna reread the sqaure filing thread once again here shortly.