When useing the walnut hull water to color wood you have to remember this is a water based dye. You will need to let it dry a day or two and then...
When I was a trapper I would fill an old bucket with water and walnut hulls,boil over fire add traps and let simmer for ten minutes or so. This...
Hey welcome to the family! I don't know how big the logs are that you are planning to mill but 372 might be a tad light , 395 would be a lot...
Walnut hulls have been used to dye metal,wood,and fabric
Short handle has more control , long handle has more head speed but less control.
Old timers around here call ash the king of firewood , cut it in the mornin burn it in the afternoon. I don't buy into that I like a little more...
Good looking stove and good looking pooch !
Firewood tongs have been a game changer for me.
When treating a new handle I like to add some color , mix one part oil stain to three or four parts BLO for the first coat.
Looks like your hinge was just right ,must of had some backlean to have to pound the wedges that hard . Nice job
Glad you are back with a good running saw friend. :)
Adam check out Reeds Supply in Vermont they have Igland 3501's for 2425.00 plus shipping. I have been wanting one I need to pull logs out of the...
I wish I was a little closer I would come help. :)
The lean is hard to judge in a picture. When I use a winch to pull one down I leave a thick hinge
I keep a bowling tied on one end of my bull rope all the time. Sometimes it is hard to get the knot over the branch so I use the end without a...
Nice handles Scotty
I don't know any details but I grow up with this man's mother. I was told that the carbon monoxide detector was 110 not battery ,so when the power...
Maybe take the blower apart clean it and oil it , and welcome to the club
Looks like ash ?
Welcome Freddy