Nice stuff right there.
Welcome aboard Perry long jr . You started out right posting about black locust. Watch out for members of the " black locust hoarders club" , here...
I have echo saws as of now. Part of the reason is the local shop, small town family owned echo dealer. They're friendly...but you can tell they...
I like your trailer. They look better loaded with BL.:thumbs: [ATTACH]
Erik B , the fs110 is what I have too. What brand of tri blade are you using?
I thought about using a brushmower, I think it may be too hard to operate with all the field stone there. I have a stihl commercial weed eater...
Mid 30s as of now, gloomy and damp out. Stat sitting at 72. Hackberry, tree of heaven and some mystery wood doing the job
590 ( timberwolf) 24" inch bar
That's an awesome score. My boss would want me to pay him to fell it and then charge me a rental fee for the use of the tractor. :rofl: :lol:
Going to tell the wife that I need a more specialized saw. It's been highly suggested on FHC. :D Yeah, I would be hard pressed to go after most...
I'm not sure what the technical term is. I cut from the base of the tree at the stump and it slides forward, than move up and cut a section...
Decided to clean up most of the black locust that are standing dead or blow over/vine pull over. Started with a dead blow over that was pulled...
One day you need 1000 SPF sun screen and the next be dressed like you're hanging out on Antartica.
Nice score Cash Larue :thumbs:. Looks like they're checked pretty good for you. I'll like to try some DF. Maybe I can trade you some BL for DF.
I'm located in the wrong part of York County. I look on CL or FB marketplace. Not sure why, I have a bunch to cut at my sister's house. Guess...
Counted 9 splits for over $8.00 at lowes, then they had 6 splits of white birch for $10 something. More power to them, if they can get it.
Like many, Im burning less firewood so far this winter. Combo of temps and some really dry wood. Like The Wood Wolverine said, it's still below...
Yeah the heart wood is where they seem to hit. Ive seen where a branch broke off and the ants got in. Destroyed the log 18" either direction, then...
30*, overcast and damp. Hackberry, and oak combo doing their thing. Stove room 73*
I would take BL like that all day. No bark, easy to buck into manageable size rounds, and splits with ease. Sounds like bowling pins banging...