I would say that a dull chain and a sharp chain are equally as unsafe or safe. When I sharpen the chains aggressively, they really bite and will...
At that moisture content, it will take some time to burn
I would use some caution taking chains to a dealer for sharpening. They will be far more aggressive on the amount they take off, drastically...
I say leaving it in is fine. I use ethanol free gas, but I believe the 2 stroke mix has stabilizer in it. I could be mistaken on that though....
Well done sir. How much acreage do you have? Some people will only cut down to 4-6 inches in diameter. I generally drop to two inches unless...
Tough question. Many of the firewood sellers pull trees right from the stump and run it through a processor and deliver it. Many people burn...
I have some blue beech for sure, but I still think I have a couple of nice hornbeams....you will have to wait for a week for pictures as I will be...
I will try to snag a picture or two this weekend To see what people think. I have blocked up several 6 inch and smaller. Hard as a rock. Neat...
Nice Ash :dex:
I agree with Basod to some extent. Simplistically you could complete an indicative analysis, using how many cords of a certain species you used...
Welcome to FHC. I am slightly past newbie stage, but will say that this site only added to the urge to hoard for some reason!!
Well done, and before work....hard core. :dex:
I have two or three of these that are roughly 12 inches in diameter, and might be 40-50 feet tall. Looking at some nice lumber and the rest...
Vintage B520 Wright Chainsaw
Glad you are better. Like your splitter buddy! :dex:
How do you get it to dry without cracks?
You my friend, got a great ash:dex:
Welcome :dex:
Nice. I am a half hour South East if Syracuse.
Where in NY are you jdirt?