I use a shooting stick for my mid range hunting . Because of where I often have to take shots. Standing up is the only way to get above the brush....
0 here. Winds gusting to 120 mph. Fuel rods in the stove , closed up pretty snug.
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My Ruger M77 Mk 2 Hawkeye stainless /synthetic with 1-4×24 SWFA Classic scope and Champion swivel and pan bipod. Top...
Now ----- Don't Hate ,,, Appreciate. ! ;-) If Remington would have done right by the 260 , we probably would never have had the 6.5 Creedmoor....
I keep 2 on my suspenders . Usually 1 Stihl and 1 Husky. As I'm not running a big mount Stihl , or a Poulan Pro/ Pioneer I don't need a 3rd or...
+6°F last I looked. All I have for wood is fuel rods and seasoned dry wood in the shed. Fuel rods in the stove and corked off.
The 223 with a standard cup and core soft point flat base 55 gr bullet works pretty good. But the 243 and 6.5 are much better for big dogs.
This summer if I can scratch together the extra $$$ . I'll be getting a Ruger GunSight Scout in 6.5 Creedmoor. Pretty much my ideal of a perfect...
I put forward the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's as shootable as the 243 with more slap down. Up here the 243 has always been a good cart for wolf. And the...
If those folks want a centerfire rifle. And they don't have one yet. The 6.5 Creedmoor is a perfect cartridge to start with . Its a superb round...
The yellow birch we cut in Maine. Was very distinctive. The bark was Yellow !! The bark was similar to white (paper) birch in that the outer most...
Oh No. I Never do that . it just don't pay to. 1 hammered tooth isn't much . if your running full skip. You might feel it. But it won't have a...
Dixon also has soft black , blue and red . That I know of anyway.
+17 last I looked. Got the stove corked down . Its just puttering along. With 2 of what Sask calls wooden nuclear fuel rods. =bone dry , standing...
] Lots of great methods. Falling timber ,Busheling,( not day wageing) we use Key Backs for our pencil ( to write our numbers on our hard hat) ....
0 here atm. Site was down last night. -20 here last night Big old snow dog around the moon tonight. I hope we don't get dumped on tonight.
I dunno, as I've fell lots of timber in Southeast , Alaska that had over 32 rings per inch of diameter. Ancient stuff. Oldest tree I ever took the...
Wow; Thanks !!! I've used most of the methods spoken of so far . But haven't used the Mingo Or the AccuMark. Both of which I plan on...
What does everyone use to buck their firewood to a specific length????? My kinetic splitter will take 19 5/8" max length. But is easier to handle...
Vancouver Is would have been Awesome to turn into a clear cut back in the day. Like Southeast Alaska was . Nowadays, yuk, too many people !...