Dancan ; Where did you get that measuring rod that is hooked to the hand protector on your saw ?
Are we talking about hand tongs ? Skidding tongs? Or loading tongs ?? As per the OP,S ??
It is designed to lift the light end of a pole and be used in conjunction with the hand tongs. For that job alone that hook works OK. But a good...
This is how I lift larger rounds. Stick one in each end and suddenly a 2-3' diameter round has 2 handles on it. Some wood moving tools work good...
Now all u will need is time to heal and about $150.00 of pulp hooks, hand tongs, pickaroons and a Peavey/log lift. I've severely messed up my...
I gotta leave that one be. I had a Mexican tree thinning crew working with me for a short period of time. Their work was fine. But they weren't...
I'm not to big on Mexican planting crews. I never had a planting contract but I know a lot of guys that did. Not that I'm opposed to Mexican guys...
It was +6 last night and +6 this morning . doing laundry atm. Gotta go push some small drifts out of the yard. Might even see about wrasslin the...
Nice looking dogs !!
Looks like it would be very lightweight . I should work good on my suspenders. I know I keep writing lightweight. I guess I've just packed...
What species of tree are those ?? The top pic, the bark looks like red cedar.
How long is the nylon line ? Looks like a nice light weight unit.
I was referencing the vid with the dual action 3 point hitch splitter. . My kinetic splitter sits very low to the ground. First thing I did was...
20 k is a bit high. 10 k is not uncommon. But then some guys have a whole herd of top tier optics. Meaning 3-6k$ each. If he has the most...
Just touched -20 . winds calm. Poplar in the stove.
I agree 100% . Possibly because we Alaskans are ( hardwood starved) "hard hardwood" like oak , rock maple ect ect. I can't wrap my head around...
I'm unfamiliar with half beam splitters . Does anyone have a pic of one.
My back would feel about broke if I had to do much splitting that low to the ground.
I've run most of the 50 cc saws out there for a living. At one time or other. Not the 261 or 550 but I would be surprised if they ended up with...
Should read 20 mph. I fat thumbed the 1 in there and didn't proof read . My bad. -6°F atm. Winds calm. Huge moon out . poplar in the stove.