Uhhhhh. What’s all that green and brown stuff on the ground? ;) Nice pics... Post some pics of that wood split and stacked when you’re done!!!
It really depends on how well insulated the basement is on the perimeter. If it’s just poured concrete with no insulation, then yes, your...
Is your first floor carpet? If not and you have hardwood, tile or linoleum an 80 degree basement should allow the floors to provide an even...
I would put a second stove in the basement and run it on cold days. Add insulation to the foundation as required and you can remove any...
Yankee Rowe and Northfield Mtn... the Nuke plant is long gone but the pumped storage is still used... I visited Yankee Rowe before it was...
For the door jambs I would assume that you would use an undercut saw similar to the info on this link. Better than removing the door trim to cut...
The difference is time.... It will simply take longer for wood to season in a heap.. how much longer will depend on a number of variables. if...
It is also the gasification forum. Which makes it appropriate. :rofl: :lol:
Maybe if you focus less on the angle of the damper and more on an estimate of the cross sectional area that is available for exhaust gasses it’ll...
So I guess we can address the variables in the OP’s question. There is burning efficiency which I think would not be affected significantly by...
Depends on your stance. I make sure that my hands are low enough so if I miss the split, the head will hit the ground... If I was swinging at a...
I find that I get better heat transfer from my stove with less ash in the bottom. I believe that gives me better efficiency as I’m not having to...
6'2" and split with an X-25 when I'm not using hydraulics. Biggest use for it now is to quarter rounds that are too big to lift and too far from...
Might be worth it to do a little reading... http://www.courts.maine.gov/rules_adminorders/rules/text/MRCivPPlus/RULE%2045r.pdf...
More seriously though, it just looks like ash that has for some reason stuck to the pipe and damper.. maybe you are getting a complete burn but...
[MEDIA]
Flames on the fenders!?!?!? :bug: Yeah... you’ll fit right in around here!! Welcome!! :thumbs: [ATTACH]
I have heard that. Works with EAB, but not necessarily other pests... theory with letting wood sit a couple of years is that pests that...
Which one do you have?
I saw what you were referring to in one of the links you provided... But it also talks about nursery stock... nothing about riding on firewood.....