“NEED” has nothing to do with it :whistle:
Not to derail this thread but I have a question about those covers on your Holz housens. How well do they hold up to the elements and sun?...
That’s ok I’ll wait……., :whistle:
Can we? please ……
Those chunks look pretty aged already, could be starting to get soft. It doesn’t seem to last very long in the rounds. Although those chunks are...
Yeah, you just as well leave the hackberry alone! With all the other species you get it would be a disappointment. Those pieces in the picture are...
So what kind of property was the locust on?
Well that’s not very encouraging, it was taken down sometime this summer, July or August maybe. It does seem very wet and a 10” x18” Round is...
That chart makes me even more anxious to try my honey locust. But it was taken alive so I’m guessing it’s 3 years out if’n I get it processed...
That looks like a really cool event, I would definitely go if I was in the area. I think I like the angry grizzly the best.
Very True statement in my experience
Split a couple splits and check it with a meter if you have one…. I’m curious
Yep…1 year in the round makes a huge difference in splitting elm that was taken alive. But around here it still needs 2 more minimum after...
Didn’t know there was more than one chokecherry…. There is quite a bit of it around here but seldom see anything over 2-3 inches in diameter. I’ve...
I scored some elm logs/trees last week. The guy who gave them to me said they were standing dead when he cut them down “a couple years ago” some...
Agreed…. I pondered this same thing many times.
Must be nice Elm, ash, hackberry are the main three. And the same order for preference and availability. Anything else I consider a special...
Well stated
[ATTACH] about this much on average, sometimes more. If there’s a significant snow forecasted I’ll fill up both sides of the stove 2 rows deep....
What is that top cover