way to gitter done Joe. I wonder how much of your life has been spent with a chain saw? :saw:
Preliminary taste test was great. Meat was delicious without any sauce. She agreed.
Smoked a rack of ribs so had the fire going all day. Nice and dry day. Applewood nuggets being preheated on the edge for the smoker.[ATTACH]
Split roughly half the load yesterday. Moved the bundle splits next door and stacked. [ATTACH] General cordage tossed aside to be stacked...
Unfoiled and sauced. In the home stretch. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Amazes me how little wood you need.[ATTACH]
What species? Looks like some good stuff!:woodsign:
You up in the castle at Sleeping Giant?
100% apple and im adding charcoal as needed to keep a coal base. I way overdid it at the start. Temp shot way up. Luckily the meat hadn't been...
Ribs are rubbed. Fire being started shortly. Paper towel roll for scale. Would this be considered a small or large rack?[ATTACH]
This chart is great. The dinos are hysterical. Ms. buZZsaw laughed. Not having access to alder, what type of flavor does it give?
Ive tried that with Ms. buZZsaw....it doesn't work.:picard:
Cant say there is. All I notice is the leafless skeleton and recognize it as an ash tree. Only white and green ash the varieties I'm familiar...
That would be nice if they did. I've cut living ash logs a couple times this year. Have some small ones growing from old stumps with full leaf...
Sad sight to see them go. Lost the few I had in my woods in recent years. Impressive amount of wood though.
No more deck boards left? What size and length you need?
Noodled and split the last of the locust there. Moved the splits and pulled the hydro for now. Forgot to take pics again. He has more logs...
At least get your feet wet. Id rather mess up a short log than a good one with nice color/grain. It does seem like a lot of work though. I've...
Got a call on Wednesday. One of my bundle regulars has a new store. He needs a rack built and stocked with wood. Ill make extra for delivery as...
Yes. BIG maple = BIG labor regardless of species.
Nothing wrong with that arrangement as long as the wood works for you.