13 here now. I think I saw 16 for a high today on my thermometer. Might hit 17 tomorrow. :) I think I saw a low of -2 forecast for this Thursday...
I switched to the Somersets for the next few days. For the year I'm at about 1.25 tons. Not too bad all things considered, but I've been burning...
I had a 24x32 pole building put up in 2005. Vinyl sided, shingle roof, insulated garage door and side door, couple windows and full concrete slab...
I'll let you know next spring. :)
My wife got me a gasoline powered pressure washer. I used to have an electric one that I fought with every time I used it. I got so sick of it a...
Golf does sound good right about now. I don't think I'll be seeing grass around here until April. Even with the temps today I still have 7 inches...
It was a very nice day. I saw 45 on my thermometer. I scraped the ice and snow buildup off the back patio, then did the same to the driveway....
Umm, no comment as to whether I have ever said those words. Michigan has all sorts of neat things. There is a 500 pound man killing clam at Sea...
The coldest I've experienced at my house was -14F a few years back. One of my living room windows cracked that night.
I've never heard of that interpretation of the law before. I can't say I've never done it myself, but it's been about 15 years since I last went...
Mother Nature can keep that cold bottled right up there. Coldest I've ever felt was -25F in a deep freezer at a meat packing plant. And that was...
Merry Christmas everyone!
I've heard 10-15 mph with gusts to 22 on Christmas Day over here. There's a bit of land between me and where you and Pete are so hopefully it...
I've got that same Coleman LED lantern. It's great for camping and power outages. Used it quite a bit over the past few days. Savemoney - Hope...
Kind of an old thread now, but this is the heaviest lake effect snow I've seen yet this season. We've gotten a couple inches of snow in the last...
I went into town today to get a few things at the store. If my truck was a 4x4 and not iced into the pole barn I could scrounge a cord or more...
Glad everyone is OK Dex. Buildings can be fixed a lot easier than people can.
So it wasn't wood dust on the saw I got. Maybe someone bought it at Sears, cut down their cornstalks for Halloween, then returned it. Hmm.
We lost power again around 7:15 last night. At least we got dishes done and grabbed a shower in the 2 hour window where we were back online....
The power flickered a few times, then the lights got dim. I killed the breakers for the sensitive stuff. Measured 54V at my outlets before it went...