Looks like a hickory nut to me.
Nice trail, nice woods!
There is a certain tree guy who charges really big money but he's really good and I watched his guys work one time as they took down a big tree...
I have sold some cords here and there but it's word of mouth. I don't do Facebook anymore except to look for stuff on Marketplace but it's about...
Around here it grows tall and spindly and doesn't often get very big. You guys ever heard of sassafras tea? We used to make it as kids, thought we...
Ya know, I'm thinking I *want* stuff to slide in the bed. There are not many times I don't want it to be just about like a steel truck bed, lol.
You win the prize... somebody posted a pic of the sign. I am going to try to sweet talk my local into a match, we'll see! What city was it in?
I know of a guy who put STP in with his thinner oil and said it tacked right up. Not sure what his thin oil was, be it canola oil or old spent...
I have been thinking about this quite a bit and how much it costs to get trees removed by tree services -- LOTS. My neighbor had a big oak in her...
I certainly thought about whether I should clean it all up but my only counter to cleaning it up perfectly is, again, what I said about what it...
Another neighbor has two dead dogwoods, it's right across the street. I offered to take them and they said yes. The good news is their burn pile...
I had never heard of gambel oak until I saw the BTU chart, we don't have those, they are a southwestern USA tree. Def in the white oak family...
Who looks at trees as you drive? I do, lol. Some trees die, it's just the way it is. I got a neighbor just up the road that has two pecans and an...
I dunno why I haven't done that! Freeze 1/4 filled water bottles, top off. My water has been getting SO yucky hot in this heat. Will be friggin 96...
I see a lot of trucks with a bed liner and I've never had one! What good does it do? I mean, for firewood scroungers. I could understand someone...
Wood Wolverine, what type of wood is it in pic #1 in post #2977 that has the deeply furrowed bark?
Can you get around in the woods there with ATV or truck or something or is too thick for that?
I envy you guys with cool temps. Will be a little cooler here next week, been brutal. Lows at night 77 degrees? Yuck.
First off, talking hardwoods. Oak, hickory, mulberry, red (soft) maple, etc. I scrounge firewood here and there but I also have a woodlot with...
I have looked (online) at just about every battery saw there is. The Stihl seems expensive, which they always are. I like Stihl, but... I...