I have bought two pair of chainsaw gloves in the past few months. They have no leather, they have kevlar or other uber tough material within some...
You guys that say that pine is just fine... as I said, I have never seen anyone burn it down here as a main wood and few use it at all. The...
TJV, you talking 102 temperature or heat index? What city?
BZB, why would the splits be less, seems splits would stack to be more? OTOH, I wonder how does the logger come up with "ten cords?" The standing...
My first reaction was it's a cinch it's black gum. Birds eat the berries too. Down here, and in your bark picture, the bark is distinctively like...
Us guys are too confident on what we can do, lol. Those dang ladders!
I can't find the answer by searching. Curious how you determine how many logs (not trees) of a certain size it takes to make a cord. Or how many...
So, how large are your splits? What is your max size? I think I tend to split smaller than many people; my gf sometimes has a fire and she has...
Wondering if a large pile generates heat like a compost pile does. In the middle, a compost pile can reach 170 degrees. You need water for a...
What nice wood! Bummer on metal, aargh.
I would love to have a 261, it has a fantastic reputation, about as good as there is in chainsaw world. I would like to have cm version as I have...
That is REALLY interesting! Yes, it would be cool to have someone do both methods and compare after some time.
Sorry... multiple themes in this thread. Do you guys hire occasional help? Pay cash? Does hiring help concern you at all? What if one gets hurt,...
We have more pine trees around here than stars in the sky. Of course, nobody burns pine but it got me thinking. For outside firepits... hmmm... if...
I think this is the proper answer. Most firewood sellers, by and large, do NOT adhere to this definition. You will read that oak takes 3-4 years...
Holy cow, persimmons around here don't look like that! Never seen a tree bark like that. That is wild!
Probably took close to a hundred years for those trees to grow as such. I wonder why it just now dawned on them to trim (fell) them! Can you just...
I had no idea! Didn't realize a meter works that way. Cool info!
The bark on this doesn't look like our local black gum; ours has more of an alligator back look. Not saying it is, just a comment, but this bark...
Makes me wonder how it works if they treat the ground under the tree. Or I guess it could go into the roots and then the tree.