Pressure treated is often shipped wet. Definitely not seasoned. It typically shrinks once exposed to the sun for a few months and gets lighter in...
I like to have a varied assortment of all types of splits, as well as numerous size splits. Square splits look cooler, and stack better, but...
How far out do you deliver?
Both of mine have the darker heartwood like your round on the right has.
Thanks Eric, I know the stuff on the rea of the trailer isn't BL. I know exactly the smell you speak of. hard to describe, but they both smell...
I split open a couple rounds from the other day with Joe and they were coffee with cream colored inside. The ones from today were greenish yellow...
Nice job!!!
If you google Elm bark some looks like the second tree, others looks a lot like BL bark.
It was a strange scrounge. The house was on a small suburban lot, maybe a quarter acre. There was a 50’ long or so “driveway” of wood chips...
Overgrown Bonsai, that right there is funny. Even the ones you linked look pretty small with minimal firewood though Eric.
I tried splitting a big piece of the second wood with the isocore. It bounced off three times and I stopped. The smaller piece I pictured split...
Your friend does a nice stack then
If they’re all that small it seems kind of pointless to make it into firewood
Great looking stacks Brad!!! Well done!!!
[IMG] Between both scrounges I think I have an easy full cord of BL. The “new” BL seems like it’s a bit greener in color on the bark than the...
I tried to set up a mini GTG with Brad and Joe on Saturday at the same place Joe and I scrounged from on Wednesday. Due to owner stipulations on...
Good job Brad!!! Hickory is definitely heavy stuff.
Push through splitters are the way to go. Push right into a pile, a conveyor, a trailer, etc. Pieces that don’t fully split the last inch or two...
Yes greenish Black
Is it Paulownia/Foxglove?