Absolutely. Get it split and stacked as soon as possible. Has longer to season and keeps things tidy with more room to work
Nice job!
Yup, good stuff
Mine is a hot water stove. It has a pipe coil in the stove that you can hook to your domestic water. The stoves with actual water jackets are...
I’m heating with a 1980’s ThermoControl. It’s a large older stove. My house is a 24x36 cape. Stove is in basement
If you look at the piece behind the barkless stuff that is partially barkless you can see a small amount of bark. Sure looks like Red Maple to me....
Both great machines that will split a lot of wood. Completely different styles though. The Pro 28 WR which appears to be there entry level model...
Admittedly in years past I was not burning fully seasoned wood. Often I was burning high BTU wood like Oak, Rock Maple, and Shagbark Hickory that...
I noticed yesterday that it’s really the dark wood that is super stringy. The lighter whitish colored wood of the Elm split pretty decently. The...
I’d make sure it’s split fairly small. That should help offset some of the limited seasoning
If its softwood you could get away with burning it. Pine seasons fully in about six months. I’d say go for it. It’s not like you’re trying to...
What type of wood is it? Most woods will burn pretty poorly after only one month of seasoning. Lots of smoke and little heat. You’d be better off...
8 linear miles!!! Holy chit. That’ll keep you busy
I’ll trades ya fo sum o dat dere coffee tree
Sounds like a lot of calculatin’
I split a third cord of Elm today. Hope I don’t have too many nightmares tonight. It was awful. I’ll take Red Oak.
On a positive note, the Locust split pretty decently. Some of the pieces were a little stringy, but nothing like the Elm street horror. At the end...
We understand Eric....we understand. It’s a sickness we all have and can’t shake. It’s in our blood.
Black Birch is a lot higher in BTU’s than most would probably guess. It’s up around the 24 million mark, neck and neck with White Oak!!! It’s...
I brought in 4 totes of wood this morning. Three of Pine and 1 of Cherry. I stacked that in my basement, and started filling the empty totes....