Yes sir. The deep set lobes are a tell tale sign. Most other Maples like Red Maple and Sugar .Maple have much shorter set lobes
Another thing to note is BB often grows in groups. Not always, but you’ll see 2 or 3 grouped really close together in bunches.
Looks like you got some Beech, some Elm, and not sure on the third one with the stripped bark.
Too bad he stayed on. Would have been funny to see him slingshot into the next county.
Yes. The River Birch are also sometimes referred to as Black Birch. They have much flakier paper bark that looks like it’s peeling off and is...
Don’t worry Black Locust will have it’s turn. I’ve already thought of a worthy contender. Maybe I’ll do them in next weeks episode
That is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing
I’m thinking I’ll do maybe 6-8 rounds, then the winners will come back to compete in the semi finals. Make sure to cast your vote for the trees...
That Honey Locust with the thorns has an awful lot of red on it. Looks like blood!!!
You just highlight and copy the link and paste it in this thread
I’ve debated making a plywood ramp that goes over the stairs. I can fit about a full cord and still close the bulkhead doors
Do you place a cart or wheelbarrow at the bottom of the slide?
I have a Black Birch in front of my chicken coop that is 24” across. I have others in my woods that are even bigger, although most are smaller...
Unfair in what way? Who said all fights are fair.... certainly not Peter McNeely
C’mon man, don’t do me like that. I’m not a Beech virgin. Just haven’t had any in awhile, and it’s not a common sight around here.
I thought it might be fun to do a weekly series comparing two different beloved firewoods. For this weeks episode we compare American Beech vs...
My father just built a woodshed out of pallets. It’s 25’ x6’6”. Came out pretty nice
I just started bringing wood in on Sunday. My basement area holds three full cords. I have to fill it over twice each winter. I hate going...
The EM Axis looks a lot like the old Powersplits.
Looks like you blokes had a great time!!! Well done!!!