Agreed! My wife taught me this. Unfortunately, she lost her little sister in a traffic disaster in AK. She absolutely makes me stay off the...
Do you have access to natural gas? In the end, natural gas is the the most convenient and very highly environmentally friendly. IWB/OWB are only...
Kindling, SS and mixed with "better" woods. It "does work."
Hah! I even split up tulip poplar. Very low BTU's, but it grows like a weed and is dry and ready to burn in 3 months. As long as the firebox is...
#1 Maple, I can't tell what type. #2 Ash All good wood for burning. Even "soft" maples burn real clean and have decent BTU's. I've got WAY too...
Are you planning to put any type of "finish" stain or paint on the bare wood?
Thanks. That all makes sense. Should be "snug as a bug in rug."
FANTASTIC! I think the last time I saw this thread you were just finishing up the floor. I LOVE the cabin. Simple, elegant. I have a couple...
You officially "SSUUUCCCKKK" That is truly amazing!
So, what is the best/easiest/free-est photosharing service these days? I have used Photobucket for many years and when it works, it works great....
Wow! Just WOW! You will get a whole lot more (at least 28.6%, probably more) performance from that firebox. And it looks spectacular, all at...
Here's a picture of the three ewe lambs (and TickTack the Greyhound) from yesterday. It seems to work great for them. [IMG]
Updated hay feeder design. Put some plywood on the top to keep the spillage off of their backs. One side folds down for loadingand cleaning....
I love my setup. Great quality stove and super simple operation. That's what we were looking for in our "first" stove. For the size of it's...
12 hour burns (feed twice a day), low-and-slow if needed, easy to adjust up... These are properties where catalytic stoves really shine. WS and...
On a completely separate note, we witnessed our first "covering" this morning. Reeces, being a ram lamb and Tilia a full-grown ewe, he figured...
Google shows me they are for round bales. Makes sense for your horses. What are you up to this weekend. Maybe I could stop by?
Thanks for the offer. What's a hay hut? Why change?
Any picts of your design?
Thank for the feedback. Will think about that on version 2.0.