Gum has interlocking grain, like elm and sycamore, so it is a huge pain to split. Then, once it's dry, it burns like paper. Given how many other...
Yep, and I've got nearly 20 more left to drop, C/S/S.
The Wood Wolverine Had to take out a few small 2-4" gum trees for the fence line in the morning. Then, decided to wage all out war on every...
Another great day in the woods today! Wife and I clean out a small path in the woods to put up some more fencing. Sheep will appreciate more...
Squirrel is delicious. Personally, I like to put them in the slow cooker with veggies, onions, garlic, salt, pepper and a little Worcestershire....
If you look closely, you can see a bunch of other trees dropping their bark in the background.
I got both stems of the oak, and a standing dead black birch on the ground today and started some bucking. This oak was about the most...
Today a I started dropping the first of some 2 dozen dead standing chestnut oaks I have been eyeing for some time now. It felt good to be out...
Harkins are very nice and not very expensive. Smartphones with Googlemaps or Waze work too, but do use data.
Tractors are interesting. Yes there is a lot of crossover of parts and or engines. Mahindra uses their own stuff made in India, Mitsubishi made...
I'm a total non-expert, but I was able to pick up a used L3710 this sprintg and absolutely love it. Personally, I wouldn't want to take a B/BX...
I try very hard to avoid round (i.e. never less than 1.5" diameter). Splitting them in half reduces the time to dry them by a huge amount....
I am very lucky to have a whole lot of black birch on my property. According to Sweep's Library .com, BB has the same BTU/Cord as White Oak at...
Red.. a.k.a. Mou Mou, a.k.a Aretha is the most animated of the whole flock. She loves playmates and she loves to entertain herself. She is the...
Yes!!! Deann my wife - who formerly taught special ed for 13 yrs - has been devising play toys for them. I have no doubt she'll come up with...
Actually, at this time, Ava, the one on your left is the only one in estrus. We are keeping all of them away from our ram lamb, since we don't...
Yes, Mou Mou does.
Here's our crazy ewe lambs today. They are really crazy! [MEDIA] Yesterday, the wife and I watched them tear @ss around the yard for at least...
Manny helping open gifts.[IMG]
O.K., I switched out of mechanical/automotive engineering school at University of Michigan in 1988, so I am by no means an expert. HOWEVER, a...