+1 During the shoulder season I'll let the ash build up in the box to hold the coals longer, stretching out a small load and still relighting off...
Yesterday during a youth modern gun hunt. It was a doe that I spotted from the kitchen window. It was about 250 yards away, on the next hill, it...
This^ I think it makes a huge difference. When the coals get buried in ash, they linger and build up.
I could get one (1) of those in my Keystone:D and on a decent coal bed I think it would burn fine. Hmm...I think I'll split some 8x8 and try them....
-2F this morning + wind chill. The wife put 3 splits in the Keystone at 8pm last night. I had intended to wait until bed time and stuff it. 8am...
I "liked"it. For the record, I LIKE it a lot!:smoke:
-50 WC? I don't call that lucky, that's painful. :eek:
+1 It will end up warm and wet.
That's COLD for AR. There will be a lot of busted pipes, luckily I shouldn't have a problem. No 14 hr burns for me at those temps. Snow on the...
Does anyone know how many beta units are being tested?
Feels good to be home after being gone for years:)
What kind of stove?
I burnt a Sierra for many years, great stove. Start a thread and post some pics of it.
That is clean, looks good!
Just my $.02- Stuff it to the top and let the cat clean it up until it has room to burn:)
I've used some ash pans that were worthless. They were worthless. WS has a great system. I have two ash pans. When one gets full, I take it out...
Yes, makes a big difference.
Agreed, sometimes it's easier to deal with the dirt.
I hate cutting dirty wood.
My wife has a masters from a "full" ride academic scholarship, graduated with $40k debt. Could have been lots worse. She is a teacher and loves it...