Sure miss my 475...Hope to get another one someday. The Super 380 60cc bought new from local dealer in Mar 2000 is no slouch either...Something...
Pretty certain of it. One way to tell Black Cherry is the bark of older/mature/slow growing trees looks like thick burnt potato chips or corn...
Black Cherry is one of my all time favs for burning & my go-to wood for outdoor cooking/smoking.
I do the same with leftover hot coals from the smoker & weber kettle.Rinsing them with garden hose then letting them dry in the sun a day or...
Weight & smell is best method. I only use a moisture meter for air drying lumber. Most woods will have cracks (even large ones if exposed to...
None of any bowls that I recall but do have upstairs a fat (4" base,tapering to 1.5" or so at top)) Red Elm candleholder made on my first light...
I must be in the minority then. Have been cutting/burning wood for 34 years now & even in my teens knew that to have it burn properly you needed...
Mostly spindle/bowl blanks for the lathe,maybe a run couple of the bigger ones through the bandsaw for some small boards.Rarely do I have an...
I call it my "red coal" :smoke:Long pieces in cart will be set aside for future use.
Out not far from western border of parents acreage there was 4 decent sized Red Elms I've been watching for several years now. Unfortunately the...
Any time you spend rescuing vintage stuff like that and/or especially family heirlooms is well worth it.Doing various remodeling/demolition in...
Would LOVE to tackle that beast with the Mac 125C.....:saw: Only have a 30" bar for it now,hope to get a 48" in a couple months.Though the 42"...
Looks like my hunch on Thursday afternoon was correct.Went by there later this afternoon & everything was gone,driveway was spotless. Glad I got...
Some of the 20 linear feet of 9"-12" Butternut I pruned from dead limb off a lone tree in small park in Guthrie Center IA Sept. 2010.Seen the...
Pics o4 & 08 sure look like Butternut to me.Most of it grows north & east of here.Not many around my area,a few still untouched by Butternut...
haha I see that 2-3 times monthly around here. People think what they have is gold & not only is it valuable but you should pay THEM for the...
Sure I would & they wouldn't care,but its just over 2 hrs round trip not to mention loading the truck with a topper is slower & much more...
No idea on why it was brought down.Though there was several severe storms across the metro area here in June,with wind gusts from 55 to...
And the rest....
Still more......